Sunday, March 26, 2006

e-Action of the Week: e-Mail New Scientist

As many of you will be aware New Scientist (NS) is a UK based science magazine with reports sourced from the top science journals. It provides low jargon science news reviews without simplifying stories so much that they become meaningless. Many of the major stories about climate change reach the public domain through NS so it does a great job. However they do accept advertising from some non to climate friendly businesses. This person suggests that we write and express out views on this...i have done, my letter is here. It's a five minute job to write a basic e-mail, please do!

"New Scientist magazine regularly reports and features the results and outcomes of climate change, However, I have noticed that the magazine regularly promotes high polluting cars and air travel. This is hypocritical in my view.

I have written to them regarding this issue, but I feel my loan voice will have little impact on changing their policy.

My view is that if a major worldwide voice for the scientific community can't resist the financial lure of promoting high polluting corporations, how can they, in turn, convince governments to act on climate change.

If you would like to help me to pressure New Scientist to change its advertising policy please email letters@newscientist.com.

Here is a copy I sent the editor today which will give you a good idea of what I mean...

Reference: New Scientist, 18 March 2006 issue"

Labels:

Climate Change Action

Home furl google deliciousdel.icio.usnetvouz newsvine diggDigg This!reddit spurl Technorati

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home