Friday, May 18, 2007

National Climate Camp Meeting: London 19th-20th May

I'm just off to London, my second trip in two weeks, this time for the 'Camp for Climate Action' meeting.

I have been in an awkward situation since leaving Campaign against Climate Change...I really need a full time job and some Independence. On the other hand, this is proving difficult, if not impossible for the work I want to do. So the question becomes, what do I do instead, I could get a full time job I don't like, or I could do what I am currently doing and work part time and spend the rest of my time working on climate change. I`m uncertain about what it is best to do and also somewhat depressed by things. This makes doing anything difficult, particularly complex tasks requiring careful thought. Having said that, I am now trying to get more involved in climate campaigning again. I am responding to the Climate Bill, attending the climate camp meetings with the aim of doing whatever I can (but not committing to more than that) and also hoping to start helping campaign against climate change in Aberdeen again soon.

The climate camp meeting will be at:
Greenpeace Offices, Canonbury Villas, Islington, LONDON N1 2PN.



Here's to making this one bigger, more impactfull, and ultimately more successful than ever!

Labels: ,

Climate Change Action

Home furl google deliciousdel.icio.usnetvouz newsvine diggDigg This!reddit spurl Technorati

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

2 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there,

I've been receiving your climate change stuff via email for some weeks now. You're doing a good job. Don't give up your faith. Keep doing what you believe in. Im in a similar situation. I have minimal casual work, and I am getting government assistance atm, but I want to get off it eventually. In my free time I have been doing some research into climate change, and putting a document together for people to consider. The first section is about the science, like how green house gases warm the planet, what feedbacks exist, what forcings exist, how the carbon cycle works, what Milankovitch cycles are, what ice core data shows, etc etc. The other 'section' I have is about how politics, business and environmentalists view environmental policies and things related to that. The last section is about peak oil, and other limits to growth. The peak oil section is also a facts based assessment, like the science about climate change, but then there's limits to growth, which is well grounded speculation about where we may be heading. Not many people are responding to my research, or the ideas I throw out there. Its a bit sad, as I find it interesting, and provoking. Like you were saying, its a moral and ethical question.

I have one tip about work. Do what you love, and you will never have to work. So, if you have a passion for something, persue it, and someday it will be what you will do. I think if you do that your work will give you meaning, and it will nourish you, and you will go the extra mile, and people in the industry will realise that, and people will know it is what you really want to be doing.

I have the problem that although I am interested in many things, I am not sure how to get into the industry, so I am just doing what I can to survive for now.

I had a small success story. I wrote to a few magazines about the environment, and COSMOS said they would publish an extract of it. It might be a way to show that you are competent at writing and doing research if you get some of your stuff published in a magazine or newspaper. I'd love to do environmental journalism, or just investigative research type stuff, who knows, maybe even for financial companies or insurance companies. Or you could do PR or marketing for some green companies you like.

Anyway, All the best!

Steve from Australia

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Jonas Ericson said...

Keep up the good work. Your blog is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home